12.09.2010

2011 races

Since it's halfway through December already, it's time to start thinking about next year's races. I've already signed up for the Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon again next year--I have a sad time to beat from 2010. The goal is to qualify for the Disney Marathon in 2012 (the race is in January).

Then a coworker mentioned the Portland Marathon in October. Said it was a good race, and 2011 is the 40th anniversary or something. THEN I read this article about the best marathons for first-timers, and Disney and Portland were both on there.

So now what? If I run Portland, I'm close to home, don't have to change time zones, don't have to take a ton of vacation time, but its six days after I'll be at a wedding in Maui. If I run Disney, I do have to fly to Florida but I get to run through the parks, which seems hilarious, and January is a good time to leave the rainy Pacific Northwest.

Guess I'll see what my time is in June and how my knee holds up. It hasn't been bothering me lately (go crosstraining!), so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment